- This event has passed.
FRIDAY NIGHTS at DONALDSON FARMS featuring JAMES OFF MAIN and The NOBLE BROS. BAND
July 24, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
LOCAL FOOD AT ITS BEST!
Join us for Friday Nights at Donaldson Farms with James Off Main!
Sign up for our e-news or follow us on facebook for announcements.
Our much-loved Summer Nights on the Farm outdoor dining and music series will continue this season with a few new format updates and exciting culinary changes so that we can safely host this family-friendly neighborhood favorite! Admission tickets are required for all guests to attend this event.
Introducing Friday Nights at Donaldson Farms featuring James Off Main! This week’s musical guest is a local favorite – The Noble Bros. Band!
Same time, same place, same fun – with a delicious new twist.
Relax and enjoy delicious food and live music outdoors while surrounded by the stunning views of growing crop fields and mountain vistas. Bring your own adult beverages are permitted.
For more than eight consecutive years, Donaldson Farms has been hosting Summer Nights on the Farm. This year, due to Covid-19, we’ve made a few changes in order to adapt to current times and safety requirements. Each week, James on Main will collaborate with Donaldson Farms to create delicious farm-fresh and locally-sourced cuisine for our guests. We are very excited to partner with them as the feature chef/restaurant for most of the season. Donaldson Farms will be serving our own roasted sweet corn and steamed clams by the dozen.
James on Main restaurant in Hackettstown has earned a reputation as the go-to dining establishment for enjoying local food at its best – serving locally-sourced and seasonally-inspired menu items that are handcrafted and healthfully composed. This summer, Chef Bill Van Pelt and his culinary crew are taking their show on the road to Donaldson Farms’ outdoor kitchen as James OFF Main.
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS
- Event Date – Friday, July 24, 2020
- Event Time – 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Dinner/Food Schedule – 5:00pm to 8:30pm – MENU TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Live Music Schedule – The Noble Bros. Band playing from 6:00 – 9:00pm
- Tickets are required to enter the event whether you plan to purchase food or not.
- All food is sold separately and is not including in your admission ticket
- Adult Tickets ages 15yrs and older $10/pp
- Youth Tickets ages 14 yrs and younger are free, but you must still reserve a ticket for each child
- Tickets may also be purchased in our Farm Market while supplies last
- Rain Date – no rain date is scheduled
- Cancellation – Sometimes Mother Nature does not cooperate. Cancellations may happen if the weather forecast looks to prevent us from safely hosting our guests. In the case of a cancellation, your admission fee will be refunded, and Take Out/Curbside Pick-Up may be available for dinner and food items.
- Take Out/Curbside Pick Up – Take Out/Curbside Pick-Up may be available if the event is canceled due to weather. Ordering instructions will be provided.
FOOD & ORDERING
- James Off Main Dinner Menu & Ordering– Each week, a new delicious menu of locally-sourced and inspired foods will be offered using a mobile ordering system This allows you to order right from your seating area and you’ll receive a text when your food is ready. If you prefer not to order via your mobile phone, you will still be able to order at the outdoor kitchen counter.
- Donaldson Farms Sweet Corn & Steamed Clams by the dozen – We will be offering our own roasted sweet corn and steamed littleneck clams with butter by the dozen. Look for the separate tent area where you will be able to order/pay directly for these summertime favorites.
- Prepared Desserts by James Off Main will be available
- Payment Methods – Credit cards and cash are accepted
- Rita’s Italian Ice & Frozen Custard will have their mobile Italian Ice cart selling cups for $5/each
- John Johnson Auto Group will have a 2021 Cadillac Escalade on display
- Arrival/Parking – Please follow the signs and park in our ‘Event Parking’ area. Wear your mask in the parking lot, when entering through the farm market, and check-in. You will be asked to wash your hands at our handwashing station before you enter. Please arrive a few minutes early to be patient during check-in. Ticketing and check-in are new for us, so please arrive a few minutes early. We appreciate your patience.
- Social Distancing – All guests are required to social distance (6ft apart) with no more than 8 people per group unless you are from the same family or household Choose your spot on the grass lawn area and be sure to social distance your group from others. Spaces on the lawn are first-come-first-serve just like the beach. You must social distance when in line for food, restroom breaks, and all other times when you are not seated with your group.
- Masks/Face Coverings – all guests are required to wear a mask/face covering at all times except when seated with your group. Masks are suggested for children over the age of 2 yrs. Please wear a mask when walking across the public lawn area to the restroom, food ordering/pick up areas, inside the farm market, etc. You may remove your mask while seated with your group.
- We have very few tables available. Guests should bring seating options of their choice for example; picnic blankets, lawn chairs, lawn chairs with attached umbrellas, pop-up/portable tables
- Guests may bring adult beverages, seating and games/toys for children
- Guests may NOT bring outside food, pop-up tents or beach umbrellas
- Activities – hayrides, pony rides, and laser tag will not be available at this time due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Children – Children are free, but free tickets must be obtained online or at the Farm market while supplies last. Please feel free to bring toys and activities to keep your children busy. Please help by keeping a very close eye on your kids so that we can continue to host these events safely. There may be special guests during the evening to provide arts & crafts and other activities. We ask that you BYO crayons and markers, if interested.
- Service Dogs Only are allowed on the farm. Pets whose function is to provide comfort or emotional support (ESD) do not qualify as a Service Animal under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Service Dogs walk beside their handler. They do not bark, sniff, jump, visit, urinate, or defecate while working. They are not held in the arms of their handler. Donaldson Farms has the right to refuse any pets whose function is not that of a service animal. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Donaldson Farms and its staff reserves the right to ask guests who are not in compliance with wearing a mask/face covering and/or social distancing, as required by the State of New Jersey, to leave the premises. Guests who do not comply will jeopardize our family business and the safety and health of others; they will be asked to leave the premises and will not receive a refund.
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE ONLINE. Tickets will be available for purchase in our Farm Market
Guest capacity is limited and tickets are sold first-come-first-serve.