Do you have a special event coming up? Donaldson Farms is available for an array of private parties including children’s birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers, anniversaries, milestone surprise parties, family reunions and more! Contact us and tell us what you are looking for and we’ll help you create an event that your guests will remember for years to come.
Children’s Birthday Parties
What a treat! Your child will love inviting their friends to the farm for their special day! Farm Birthday Parties are perfect for groups of friends from school and/or parties for the entire family. We offer a variety of Farm Party packages and experiences that can be customized to your child’s age group and interests. Choose from a party package including a hostess or create your own.
- We’ll help you create the perfect party for your child’s age group and interest.
- Private Party Tent: Your child’s party will be hosted in our private 30′ x 70 white sailcloth party tent (with sides) and includes picnic tables for guests and linen-draped food tables
- Packages: Choose a Farm Experience Party Package (includes an activity schedule and party host/hostess) or our Farm Charm Create-Your-Own Party (ask us for details)
- Picking/Planting Activities: Depending on the season, we’ll pick strawberries, pick pumpkins, apples or create a planting project for each child to bring home
- Hayrides & Farm Tours: We’ll take an interactive hayride tour of the farm and of course, your child is the guest of honor on the wagon!
- Food/Catering: You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks or we’ll cater it for you. You may have pizza or other food items delivered directly to your party tent, or choose seasonal food items from our Farm Market such farm-fresh garden and fruit salads, as well as our fresh-baked pies, loaf cakes, muffins, cookies and cider donuts, local cheeses, apple cider (hot or cold), locally-roasted Greene’s Beans coffee, and more.
- Pony Rides: Pony rides are a big hit with the little ones!
- Optional Activities: Face Painting, Sand Art, Balloon Art, Caricature Artist, Famous Characters and more!
- Farm Education Fun: We can make the party educational and fun with stories and lessons about the farm, what we grow, what kinds of animals we have and how the farm works.
- Farm Animals: Visit with our farm animals
- Party Decorating and Themes: Ask us for details
- Parents & Adults will love it! Our Farm Parties are a delight for all guests; children and adults! Everyone can participate and join in the fun.
We promise that you’ll be just as thrilled with the party as your child will be! Sit back, enjoy the day and let us do the work!
Questions about our parties and events? Contact our Event Coordinator for more information or to reserve your party date:
Send an email to email@example.com or call 908-852-9122 x2
Corporate Events / Private Parties
Do your employees deserve a special day? Do you want to treat your clients and their families to something unique? Donaldson Farms is available for your organization’s yearly picnic or other special gatherings. Give us a call, tell us what you are interested in and we’ll create a unique event that’s just right for your group!
Weddings on the Farm
Beautiful memories are made on the farm! Book your wedding at Donaldson Farms for a wonderful event. We offer several options to make your event perfect!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information regarding our wedding packages.
When contacting us about wedding details, please include a phone number with your inquiry.
Specialized Group Tours
Available from May – November
Does your group desire a different type of event or tour of Donaldson Farms? We can tailor any party to your specifications. We offer exciting and fun options like pony rides, face painting, catering, and more! Feel free to call us, tell us all about your group and we will create a program that is ideal for your age group and learning needs!
We offer full, local catering options to help take the stress out of planning your party. Contact us for a list of catering options or stop by our farm market (in season) to pick up pricing info and party options.
Reservations / More Information:
Please call (908) 852-9122 x2 or contact us for more information or to reserve your desired date and time. We promise to create a farm experience that your group will remember for many years to come!
Educational School and Group Farm Tours
All tours include:
- Customized Tour Planning: Pre-tour planning to create a trip that meets your group’s unique needs or learning objectives
- Private Tent: A private tent for your group to gather
- Interactive Educational Hayride Farm Tour: Interactive hayride tour of the farm; includes stops for discussions of the different crops and current farm activity
- Fruit/Vegetable picking: Each participant picks a pre-determined amount of the available fruit or vegetable (crop permitting – if crop is unavailable, a planting project will be substituted)
- Educational Lesson: A farm tour guide dedicated to your group will provide an educational lesson on the growth cycle of fruit or vegetable you are picking
- NJ Core Curriculum Compliant – ask us for our Educator’s Guide!
- Healthy Snack: A healthy snack and drink is served to each participant
- Farm Animals: Time to visit with our farm animals
- Storytime (age appropriate – if desired)
- Additional Add-On Activities Available: Equine Education (meet our ponies/horses and learn about the animal and care), farm-related craft, planting activity,
- Bring a lunch! Bring a packed lunch and relax after your tour in the beautiful, safe and relaxed setting.
- Safe and Relaxed Setting: It is common that your group will be the only group scheduled at the farm that day. Teachers, parents, and aides can relax knowing your students and children are in a safe environment.
- Tour Times: Tours last approximately 1½ hours and can be extended depending the activities selected
The weather can be unpredictable here at the Farm depending on the season, don’t forget to bring sunscreen, jackets or sweatshirts, gloves, and comfortable, sturdy shoes!
Strawberry Picking Group Tours
Available in June
Strawberry Picking Tours include an educational lesson about strawberries, an interactive private hayride tour of the farm, a pint container to pick your own strawberries, a refreshing snack at our picnic area, and an opportunity to spend time with our farm animals and enjoy the beauty of Donaldson Farms! Many children have never had the wonderful experience of tasting a fresh-picked strawberry right from the patch! We love watching children as they take their first bite of a big and juicy red strawberry – as the juice runs down their face and their eyes grow big with surprise! Strawberry picking is a memorable experience for children of all ages. Each child will go home with a fresh-picked pint of strawberries to share with their family – if they make it that far!
Pumpkin & Apple Picking Group Tours
Available from late September – October
Apple Picking Tours include apple picking (everyone takes home a specified number of apples) from our apple orchard. All participants will receive educational and interactive hayride tour of the farm, education on our unique apple growing method (Trellised Tall Spindle Apple) and the growth cycle of the apple fruit, time with our farm animals, and an apple and fresh apple cider drink for a snack! All participants will go home with fresh-picked apples to share with our family.
Pumpkin Picking Tours include pumpkin picking (everyone takes home a pumpkin) from our private pumpkin patch exclusively for tours, an educational lesson on the pumpkin fruit growth cycle, an interactive tractor hayride tour of the farm, time with our farm animals, and an apple and some fresh apple cider to enjoy for a snack! Your group will pick their pumpkins right off the vine – an exceptional learning experience for everyone!
We also offer raspberry, peach, and corn picking tours. Contact us for details!
Contact us now to book your group’s date and time! Group Tours are perfect for schools, camps, church groups, girl and boy scout troops, mom’s groups and family gatherings! Our tour dates fill up fast – don’t wait too long to pick your date!