Little Learning Farmers returns to Donaldson Farms beginning Tuesday, July 14, 2020. The program has been modified to comply with New Jersey state COVID-19 safety regulations. Please see below for a list of sessions and a link to registration. Pre-registration is required – no walk-ins, please.
Little Learning Farmers is a child-and-adult activity session and is perfect for parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, and their Little Farmer(s) to enjoy a fun and educational morning on the farm.
This program content is ideal for pre-school and kindergarten age children, however, siblings and children of any age may participate.
- Little Learning Farmers is held on Tuesdays unless otherwise noted
- All sessions will include a light snack for each registered child. Snack items will be individually wrapped (ex. juice box and snack pack pretzels)
- Some sessions will include a take-home craft project
- All sessions will be held outdoors and social distancing is required. Masks/face coverings are required for all adults and recommended for children over the age of 2 years.
- Children must have adult supervision at all times. Thank you for understanding that this is is not a ‘drop-off event.’
- Please bring a picnic blanket or lawn chairs for outdoor seating
- Please dress for the weather. Sunblock, closed-toed shoes that can get dirty and a sunhat are always a good idea.
- Events are rain or shine. Sometimes Mother Nature does not cooperate with our plans. In the event of rain or thunderstorms, Donaldson Farms may cancel or reschedule the event. Your registration fee will be refunded if rescheduling is not an option.
- Registration and payment are required prior to the event. No walk-ins, please!
- Pricing is $20 for the first child, $15 for the second child and $10 for each additional child.
- Registration link is provided at the bottom of this page
2020 Program Schedule
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020
EXOTIC ANIMAL FRIENDS VISIT DONALDSON FARMS – Exciting and unique animals are coming to visit Donaldson Farms! Our farm friend Kathy will introduce you to Sahara, her giant African Sulcata Tortoise who weights over 75 pounds, Sonny the giant Burmese Python, Burt the Macaw parrot, bunnies, chickens, and more! Kathy trains animals for TV shows and movies and has wonderful stories and fun facts to share about her animal family!
- Tuesday, July 21, 2020
NATURE YOGA ON THE FARM – Stretch, move and groove with local Yogi, Larrisa Harm, RYT200, as she guides you and your Little Farmer (or yogi) through a series of simple nature-inspired yoga poses like trees, animals, the sun, rain, and more. Breathe in freely the farm-fresh outdoors and breathe out the stress of the past few months with this relaxing and fun session. Please bring your own mat or towel.
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020
WILDLIFE CRITTERS ON THE FARM – Learn about wildlife animals who visit gardens and farms in New Jersey. Raccoon, rabbits, skunks, opossums, flying squirrels, grey squirrels, groundhogs, crows, hawks, bluebirds, and more! Diana Dove of Dove Environmental will lead a sing-a-long about Wild Garden Visitors with a message of conservation that will remind Little Farmers and their parents about the importance of not littering to keep our neighborhoods clean and protect wildlife. Diana will provide a Critter & Litter take-home craft activity. This session is best for young children ages 2 -5 yrs, but older children are welcome.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020
KOUNTRY KIDS LINE DANCING –Get ready for some boot-scootin’ fun on the farm with your Little Farmer(s)! Kick up your heels with country line dancing instruction by Elizabeth Mooney of Country Fusion Fitness studio. Smile, dance, laugh, and distress outside in fresh farm air. Don’t forget your cowboy/girl boots, hats, and bandanas for this one! Check out Country Fusion online www.countryfusion.net
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020
BUZZING ABOUT BEES & HONEY – Honeybees are vital to our ecosystem at Donaldson Farms and few people know more about this subject than Mark, our resident beekeeper. Learn fun facts about how honeybees make honey, see a real beehive, learn about how honey is harvested, pollination, and more. Each Little Farmer will receive a
Questions: Contact our event coordinator call 908-852-9122 x2 or via email
Registration for Little Learning Farmers is required. Spots are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your registration must be paid in advance of the event.