Donaldson Farms is pleased to offer fun and picturesque tours of approximately 25 acres of Black-Oil Sunflowers that are planted throughout our farm during the summer and fall! The black oil seeds of the sunflower have very thin shells, easy for virtually all seed-eating birds to crack open, and the kernels within have a high fat content, extremely valuable for birds, especially as food during migration and winter. They also attract more of a variety of bird species than use of other seeds. Come enjoy the bloom of acres and acres of sunflowers in and around our farm!
We are proud to be working with the New Jersey Audubon’s S.A.V.E. Program to provide educational, fun tours! Tours include:
- Hayride with optimum photo locations – at just the right time of day – to capture these gorgeous, happy flowers at their best!
- Ample time to enjoy and photograph the sunflowers
- Farm-fresh fruit & water provided during tour
- Pollinator Safari Hunt for kids. How many pollinating insects can you find?
- Sunflowers are available for purchase: $2.00 each.