Our 2019 season has come to an end. We’re looking forward to 2020!
Donaldson Farms is pleased to offer fun and picturesque tours of acres of Black-Oil Sunflowers that are planted throughout our farm during the summer and fall! The black oil seeds of the sunflower have very thin shells, easy for virtually all seed-eating birds to crack open, and the kernels within have a high fat content, extremely valuable for birds, especially as food during migration and winter. They also attract more of a variety of bird species than use of other seeds. Come enjoy the bloom of acres and acres of sunflowers in and around our farm!
Our educational and fun tours include:
- Hayride with optimum photo locations – at just the right time of day – to capture these gorgeous, happy flowers at their best!
- Ample time to enjoy and photograph the sunflowers
- Farm-fresh fruit & water provided during tour
- Pollinator Safari Hunt for kids. How many pollinating insects can you find?
- Sunflowers are available for purchase: $3.00 each.